Here is a fun and easy tutorial to create home-made laterns with glass jars and Window Colors!
You will need:
- 1 glass jar
- 1 plastic sleeve
- Printed illustrations
- Window Colors (you can find them in our kits Mobile Vitrail, Crystal Flor, Bagues en Folie & Bijoux en Folie)
- 1 candle
Step by step instructions:
- Put an illustration in the plastic sleeve. Draw the outlines with a Window Color.
- Leave the outlines to dry (approx. 1 hour)
- When the outlines have darkened a little bit, colour in the rest of the illustration. Make sure that everything is tied together and there are no loose lines. Leave to dry (approx. 5 hours)
- In the meantime, you can draw other shapes on your plastic sleeve. you can do them free-hand.
- Once everything is dry (the colours have become translucent) you can remove your decorations from the plastic sleeve...
- ... and stick them on your glass jar !
- Don't forget to put a candle in the jar !
Our little trick: As Window Color creations are repositionable, don't hesitate to stick them on your windows or any surface you have at home!